The Portland Retro Gaming Expo is a delightful celebration of older games

A person sitting on a couch playing an older game at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

“Sega had their own console?”

That was a devastating comment I heard as I sat playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on a Sega Genesis Mini at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo (PRGE) this weekend. The Sonic games on Genesis were my favorites as a kid; one time, I played so much Sonic that I peed my pants. How could this person not know about Sega consoles?

Thankfully, the person’s friend was more charitable than I would have been. He used it as a teaching opportunity and showed him the game he was playing. (And I realized later that the person may have been asking about mini consoles.)

The whole event was filled with that wonderful spirit about sharing the joy of classic games and generally nerdy stuff. I saw four friends huddled around a classic X...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/jRslGxr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC v2020.009.20074

Verizon’s myPlan lineup adds a pricier Unlimited Ultimate option

Nomad’s first Qi2 charger is shipping now for $10 less than its MagSafe model